Scroll Top

Futurist Podcast: The Future of Leadership in VUCA-MAX times with Maureen Metcalfe

WHY THIS MATTERS IN BRIEF

In this podcast Futurist Matthew Griffin explores how today’s increasingly complex and disruptive world is changing how leaders think about the future and their organisations, and discusses the mindset and strategies they can use to navigate this complex world successfully.

 

Love the Exponential Future? Join our XPotential Community, future proof yourself with courses from XPotential University, read about exponential tech and trendsconnect, watch a keynote, or browse my blog.

Firstly, thank you to Maureen Metcalf and the team at the Future Innovative Leadership Institute for asking me to join them on a podcast to discuss the future of leadership in a VUCA-MAX world where nothing stays the same, where everything is getting faster and more complex, and where sci-fi is increasingly sci-fact.

 

RELATED
Futurist Podcast: DeepFakes and the Future of Synthetic Content, The Mentor Project

 

Today we’re seeing the CEO’s of major corporations burn out faster than ever before, with the average tenure falling from just over 10 years to just 5 in the past decade, and surveys show that CEO’s control just 45% of what happens to their companies – such as talent hiring and retention, product development and R&D, and so forth – with the remaining 55% coming from external trends and factors.

 

The Future of Leadership in VUCA-MAX Times, with Futurist Matthew Griffin

 

And, against the backdrop of the emergence of hundreds of technologies and trends it’s unsurprising that many leaders today feel over whelmed by everything, as well as find it increasingly difficult to see it all, understand it all, and plan for what could – or could not – be coming to prop up or destroy their companies prosperity.

 

RELATED
Futurist in the press: Forward Thinking, Bentley Centennial Magazine

 

During the podcast we covered all manner of topics, great and small, explored the future, discussed the importance of future ready mindsets, and discussed what leaders and their teams can do today to prepare themselves and their companies for what’s coming tomorrow.

Leave a comment

EXPLORE MORE!

1000's of articles about the exponential future, 1000's of pages of insights, 1000's of videos, and 100's of exponential technologies: Get The Email from 311, your no-nonsense briefing on all the biggest stories in exponential technology and science.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This