0

WHY THIS MATTERS IN BRIEF

In this keynote session speaker and futurist Matthew Griffin discusses how emerging technologies and trends will change how internal auditors identify and evaluate risk for their clients.

 

Love the Exponential Future? Join our XPotential Community, future proof yourself with courses from XPotential University, read about exponential tech and trendsconnect, watch a keynote, or browse my blog.

Firstly, thank you to Syliva at The Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), the world’s biggest internal auditing and risk certification and training organisation with over 220,000 members, for asking me to present on the future of auditing and technology and non-technology risk.

 

RELATED
Futurist Keynote, Antwerp: Investing in the Future, Infosys Finacle

 

During the one hour long virtual keynote I shared my own personal experiences and stories from working with the boards of many of the world’s largest organisations and surfaced some of the most common “top level” corporate risks I see. These included competition risks, culture risks, as well as the literal virtual risks we now see emerge, and many of which noone has answers for, in the form of the Metaverse and Web 3.0.

 

Rewind and Replay

 

With CEO’s only directly influencing just 45% of the things that happen to their company today, with the other 55% being affected by things outside of their control, I then discussed the importance for organisations to be “Reed-like” – both resilient and flexible. While this might seem like an oxymoron in our VUCA world it’s becoming more important than ever that auditors and leaders, together, can balance the competing agendas.

 

RELATED
Futurist Keynote, UAE: Blockchain, Crypto, NFT and the Metaverse, CPC

 

Then, having laid the ground work for the remainder of the session I then spotlighted and discussed the myriad of additional challenges and risks that companies face across the economic, environmental, political, social, and technology (STEEP) spectrum, doubling down on tech led risk much of which, like it or not, is increasingly looking like something out of a sci-fi movie rather than a regular business environment.

About author

Matthew Griffin

Matthew Griffin, described as “The Adviser behind the Advisers” and a “Young Kurzweil,” is the founder and CEO of the World Futures Forum and the 311 Institute, a global Futures and Deep Futures consultancy working between the dates of 2020 to 2070, and is an award winning futurist, and author of “Codex of the Future” series. Regularly featured in the global media, including AP, BBC, Bloomberg, CNBC, Discovery, RT, Viacom, and WIRED, Matthew’s ability to identify, track, and explain the impacts of hundreds of revolutionary emerging technologies on global culture, industry and society, is unparalleled. Recognised for the past six years as one of the world’s foremost futurists, innovation and strategy experts Matthew is an international speaker who helps governments, investors, multi-nationals and regulators around the world envision, build and lead an inclusive, sustainable future. A rare talent Matthew’s recent work includes mentoring Lunar XPrize teams, re-envisioning global education and training with the G20, and helping the world’s largest organisations envision and ideate the future of their products and services, industries, and countries. Matthew's clients include three Prime Ministers and several governments, including the G7, Accenture, Aon, Bain & Co, BCG, Credit Suisse, Dell EMC, Dentons, Deloitte, E&Y, GEMS, Huawei, JPMorgan Chase, KPMG, Lego, McKinsey, PWC, Qualcomm, SAP, Samsung, Sopra Steria, T-Mobile, and many more.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *